In connection with the return of children to schools, we would like to summarize the basic information.
With the return of children to schools, questions regarding the right to nursing care in the event of the occurrence of COVID-19 at school arose - ordering quarantine of a child or closure of a school facility. In connection with this, we would like to summarize the basic information.
- An employee who is unable to work due to caring for a child under the age of 10 or care for a healthy child under the age of 10 is therefore entitled to nursing allowance due to the closure of a school or children's facility (due to an accident, epidemic, another unforeseen event). quarantine has been ordered, or if the person who is otherwise caring for the child has become ill and is unable to care for them.
- A child cared for or cared for by an employee is demonstrably living in the same household as the employee. In the case of nursing or caring for a child under the age of 10 by a parent, this condition does not apply.
- The amount of the nursing allowance is calculated from the first calendar day and amounts to 60% of the reduced daily assessment basis per calendar day.
- The need for treatment or care is decided by the attending physician of the person for whom the need for treatment or care is given, by issuing a decision on the need for treatment (care) for an illness or a quarantine order.
- When closing a school facility, the relevant children's facility will confirm this fact on the Child Nursing Care Application form due to the closure of the school facility (school), which it will pass on to the child's parents.
- The parent then immediately hands over the form (from a doctor or school facility) to his / her employer, who then forwards the documents for the payment of the benefit to the relevant DSSA. This is the application for nursing.
For more information visit this website.